Govorimo СрпскИ/Hrvatski/Bosanski and Hablamos Español
Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
The experience of cruising on a motorcycle can be thrilling and exciting, however, due to the size and nature of the vehicle, they are very easily missed by larger vehicles such as a car or truck. In fact, the main cause of motorcycle accidents are due to the fact that other drivers are not paying attention and fail to look twice when on the road. Due to the lack of protection of being on a motorcycle as compared to being in a car (such as drivers not paying attention, small size of a motorcycle, unenclosed areas of a motorcycle, lack of wearing helmets, etc.), motorcycle collisions are more likely to result in catastrophic injuries and sometimes even death. Often motorcycle crash injuries are catastrophic in nature and require life-long medical treatment. Motorcycle injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, fractured arms, legs, pelvis, loss of a limb, loss of vision, surgeries and permanent scarring. If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, call one of your experienced motorcycle injury attorneys at Borkovic Law Group today for a free consultation. Your injuries are serious and personal to us, and our firm can help you fight for your rights. You can reach us at (727)798-5291.
Negligent Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Similar to an auto accident where you are pursuing a claim for compensation based on the fact that the accident is a result of someone else’s negligence, you must prove that the result of your motorcycle accident and subsequent injuries were due to the negligence of someone else in order to pursue a viable injury claim. Common negligent causes of motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Not paying attention to the road
- Drivers fail to follow the saying for motorcyclists, “look twice, save a life”
- Distracted drivers such as cell phone use
- Careless or reckless driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Dangerous lane changes
- Unsafe turns
- Streeting racing
- Not keeping a proper distance between vehicles
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Sometimes after a motorcycle accident, the motorcyclist is knocked out of consciousness, and does not wake up until sometime later and they find themselves in a hospital room. At this point, you may have no kind of information regarding the incident, and it would be best to contact a personal injury attorney to discuss next steps.
- If you are injured at the scene of the accident and remain conscious, make sure you seek medical attention immediately by calling 911.
- Wait for the police officers to arrive in order to conduct a detailed report of the incident.
- Collect as much information as you can from the scene. Take photos and videos of all vehicles involved and any injuries sustained. Take down contact information and insurance information from all drivers involved. Take down contact information of any witnesses present.
- Most importantly, do not go through this difficult time alone! Call your personal injury attorney as soon as you can after an accident! Make sure you do not talk to any insurance company alone after an accident, and remember that their intention is to minimize and devalue your case as much as possible. Call one of your experienced motorcycle attorneys at Borkovic Law Group to help guide you through this process. You can reach us at (727)798-5291.
Looking for a best real estate deals?